To work in partnership with the citizens of Fall River toward providing a safe environment
and enhance the quality of life consistent with the values of our community.
To accomplish our mission, we will adhere to the values of
Professionalism, Integrity, Responsiveness, Sensitivity, Respect, and Openness.
To pay municipal citations online:
A complete listing of current Village ordinances is contained in the Official Ordinance Book kept at the Village Clerk's office. Please contact the Village Clerk for more information.
Register or Renew Your Vehicle
Vehicles can be registered and registration can be renewed at the Fall River Police Department at the following times:
||8:00am to noon
||8:00am to noon
||8:00am to noon
||Noon to 4:00pm
The counter fee for registration renewal is $10.00 and $19.50 for new registration / transfer
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment contact email@example.com
Sec. 10-2-5 General Bicycle Regulations.
- Parental Responsibility. No parent or guardian of any child shall authorize or knowingly permit such child to violate any of the provisions of Sections 10-2-3, 10-2-4 and this Section.
- Street Operation.
- Unless preparing to make a left turn, every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway carrying two-way traffic shall ride as near as possible to the right edge of the unobstructed traveled roadway. On one-way roadways, the operator of the bicycle shall ride as near as possible to the right edge or left edge of the unobstructed traveled roadway. Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall exercise due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction, allowing a minimum of three (3) feet between his bicycle and the vehicle.
- Every person when operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride such bicycle in single file.
- It shall be unlawful for any person riding upon a bicycle to cling to or attach himself or the bicycle to any other moving vehicle upon a street or highway.
- No bicycle shall be used to carry more persons at one time than the number for which it is designed and equipped. Infant seats are permitted if securely attached to the frame at the top mount and to the axle and frame at the rear bottom mount and if provided with hand holds, foot rests, foot guards and safety belt. The use of a backpack for carrying an infant is permitted. Persons are not permitted to be located on pack for carrying an infant is permitted. Persons are not permitted to be located on a bicycle in front of the operator of the bicycle.
- No person operating a bicycle shall carry any package, bundle or article which prevents the safe operation of the bicycle with at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.
- No rider of a bicycle shall remove both hands from the handlebars or feet from the pedals, or practice any acrobatic or fancy riding on any street.
- Whenever a usable path for bicycle has been provided adjacent to a roadway, bicycle riders shall use such path and shall not use the roadway.
- No person may operate a bicycle or moped upon a roadway where a sign is erected indicating that bicycle riding is prohibited.
- Bicycle Parking. No bicycle shall be parked in front of or adjacent to any commercial establishment unless the bicycle is parked on the sidewalk parallel to the street and as close as possible to the curb. No person shall leave a bicycle at such a place or in such a way as to create a hazard to pedestrians, automobile operators or to anyone else.
- Required Equipment. Every bicycle, when operated upon a highway, shall be equipped with a brake adequate to control the movement of and to stop such vehicle whenever necessary. Such brake shall be maintained in good working order at all times.
- Display of License. Valid license stickers must be displayed on the bicycle so that it is clearly visible.
- Bicycles Not to be Pulled by Moving Vehicles. No person riding upon a bicycle shall cling or attach himself or his bicycle to any other moving vehicle upon a street or highway, nor shall the operator of any such bicycle tow or draw any coaster wagon, sled, person on roller skates, toy vehicles or any other similar vehicle on such highway.
- Speed. No person shall operate a bicycle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under existing conditions or in excess of any posted speed limit.
- Operation on Sidewalks.
- No person over the age of ten (10) shall ride or propel any bicycle upon any public sidewalk or thoroughfare of the Village set apart for pedestrians, except bicycles having wheels sized twenty (20) inches or under. This exception shall not apply to twenty (20) inch or under bicycles designed or modified to BMX specifications.
- No person shall ride or propel any bicycle upon any public street, alley, boulevard or sidewalk of the Village in such manner as to interfere with the rights of other person using such street, alley, boulevard, or sidewalk.
Sec. 10-2-2 Lighting and Other Equipment.
No person shall operate a bicycle upon a highway unless equipped as required in Sec. 347.81. Wis. Stats.
Curfew for the ages of 15 and under is 9pm to 6:00am
Curfew for ages 16-17 is 11:00pm to 6:00am
From the Desk of the Fall River Police Department
The Village Board along with the Police Department wants to let parents and children know that the Village curfew for kids has changed. If you are 15 years old or under your curfew is 9 pm, seven days a week. If you are 16 and 17 years old your curfew is 11pm seven days a week. This does not affect kids coming or leaving from school functions.
The Village Board along with the Police Department wants everyone riding a bicycle to know that riding on the sidewalk is not allowed. If you are 12 years old or younger you can ride on the sidewalk. Everyone must follow the rules of the road and have your bicycle registered with the Village. (Stopping at stop signs, riding with traffic not down the middle of the road, no light on your bike are just some of the rules that are not being followed.) We have been warning kids and adults of the rules. You could get a ticket! Another option could be to have your bike impounded. (You decide for yourself!) Our goal is to have everyone follow the rules and not ticket riders unless you leave us no choice. We have gotten a lot of complaints from walkers because of the bicycles being on the sidewalk.