Fall River Clerk/Treasurer's Office

The Clerk/Treasurer's office can assist you with:
  1. Water and sewer utility payments- Fall River Water & Sewer utility customers will receive a bill at the beginning of each month. Customers who do not make payment before the due date listed on the billing will receive a ten-day disconnect notice. Payment must be made within ten days to avoid having water service disconnected.
  2. Debit or credit cards are NOT accepted at the Clerk/Treasurer's office. However, debit or credit cards can be used to make tax or utility payments by using the payment service www.govpaynow.com or by calling 888-604-7888. There is a service fee for internet payments and for phone payments. For tax payments, use Pay Location Code PLC 6641. For utility payments, use PLC 6642.
  3. Park shelter rentals
  4. Current Water Rates
  5. Current Sewer Rates
  6. Election Laws
  7. Advanced Disposal Brochure
  8. Advanced Disposal Calendar
  9. Bartender Application


2017 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report

Southern Housing Region - Housing Rehabilitation Program: Click Here

Revised Flood Plain Ordinance Adopted May 11, 2016


Does your home need repairs? Would you like to purchase a home? USDA Rural Development has funding available
to purchase and repair homes in eligible rural communities. Interest rates range between 1-3.75%. Grants for repairs are also available to income eligible households over the age of 62. For more information,
contact USDA Rural Development at 715-345-7611.
Additional information is also available at www.rd.usda.gov/wi
USDA Rural Development is an equal opportunity provider, lender and employer.

Below are Flyers Regrarding Programs:

504 Map and Program Study

Direct Loan Specialist

Property Tax Collections

Tax payments may be made in person at the Village Hall during the office hours listed, by using the drop box located near the main entrance to the Village Hall, by mail, or at the Farmers & Merchants Union Bank Fall River office, 637 S. Main St. Payments will be accepted in person during regular business hours at the Farmers & Merchants Fall River branch through January 31. Please have a check for the correct amount of taxes being paid. A refund check cannot be issued immediately. Credit or debit cards are not accepted in person. However, credit or debit card payments may be made by using the payment service www.govpaynow.com or by calling 888-604-7888. There is a 3.5% service fee ($3.50 minimum) for internet payments and 6% service fee ($11 minimum) for phone payments. For tax payments, use Pay Location Code (PLC) 6641.  If using the drop box or mail to make a payment, and you would like a receipt, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Homeowners not receiving a lottery credit on their tax bill should contact the Village Treasurer's office to see if they are eligible to receive this credit. This credit reduces the amount of the first installment. The Village Treasurer collects payments only until January 31. Second installments are paid directly to the Columbia County Treasurer. Tax information can be found at www.co.columbia.wi.us.

Pet Licensing

Everyone having a cat or dog must have it licensed. If your pet is not licensed by April 1, you will pay a $10 penalty and may be fined. Pit bulls are not allowed in Fall River unless licensed before 2007.

Pet license fees:
Neutered or spayed dog or cat- $4.00 + $3.00 administration fee = $7.00
Not-neutered or spayed dog or cat- $9.00 + $3.00 administration fee = $12.00
Licenses can be purchased at the Village Hall or by mail. If purchasing by mail, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope along with your payment. We will need proof of rabies shot(s). We must have the date, manufacturer and serial number of the shot. Your veterinarian will have this vaccination certificate. According to Village Ordinance 7-1-19, the limit to the number of dogs and/or cats that can be kept in a residential unit is three (3).

Building Permits

Please contact the Village Hall before you start a home improvement project to determine if a permit is required. Work started before obtaining the proper permit could result in double the permit fees. Fee schedules and applications are available at the Clerk's office.  General Engineering is our permit-issuing agent and inspection service. They are available to answer any questions you may have. Our building inspector is scheduled to be in Fall River on Wednesdays.  If you would like to meet with the inspector, contact the Village Clerk's office to make arrangements.
Fees are subject to change. Contact the Building Inspector, Dion Okeson, for current fees at 608-697-3737.

Submittal Requirements for a Residential Building Permit

Submittal Requirements for a Commercial Building Permit

Permit Fee Schedule

General Building Permit Application

UDC Building Permit Application

Voter Registration

Elections are held at the Fall River Municipal Building, 641 S. Main St. Polls open at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM. The building is handicapped accessible. Contact the Clerk's office to obtain absentee ballots.

2011 Wisconsin Act 23 voting in Wisconsin- The law requires voters to present an acceptable photo ID to receive a ballot. Voters are required to sign the poll book when they vote. Changes to your residency requires an address change registration before you are to vote. More details of the law can be found at http://elections.wi.gov/

Download a voter registration form. This form is used for new voter registrations, address changes and name changes.

Download an absentee ballot application form. If mailing the absentee ballot application you are required to include a photo I.D.

Check to see if you are registered in Fall River. You will need to register again if you have changed your address and/or changed your name. You can register online or register in the Clerk's office. Election Day can be very busy, do it ahead to save yourself time!

Fall River Residents – Visit myvote.wi.gov

2018 Budget Proposal Presentation

Contact Information


Clerk/Treasurer: Marie Abegglen
Phone: (920) 484-3525
Fax: (920) 484-6201
Email: marie@vlgfallriver.com

Mailing address: 641 S. Main St.,
PO Box 37, Fall River, WI 53932

Office hours: Monday- Thursday 8 am to 4:30 pm; Friday 8 am to Noon.
The Clerk/Treasurer's office is closed daily from Noon- 1:00 pm.

The drop-box located near the main entrance to the Village Hall. It may be used to make water and sewer utility payments at any time.